Monday, June 11, 2012

Greetings/Salutations in Ilocano


Let's learn Ilocano!

We are going to start with greetings/salutations in Ilocano because that's how we start conversations.

Kumusta! [coo-moos-tah] - Hi, How are you, How's it going in Ilocano
Possible answer for the above Ilocano phrase are:
  • Mayat met. [mah-yuht-met] I am good/pleasant/okay in Ilocano.
  • Okay lang. [okay-lang] I am okay in Ilocano.
  • Masakitak. [mah-sah-ki-tuck] I am sick in Ilocano.
  • Adda problemak. [add-duh-pRob-leh-mac] I have a problem in Ilocano

You can say Sika? after those Ilocano phrases.
sika [see-cah] - means you in Ilocano.

Farewells in Ilocano:
Sige. [see-gue] - see you in Ilocano
Inakun. [inn-nah-coon] - I am going.
Sige. Inakun.
Umuna kamin. [ooo-moo-nah-cah-mean] We are going.

What we learned today:
How to say Hi/Hello in Ilocano.
How to say I am okay/good in Ilocano.
How to say I am sick in Ilocano.
How to say I have a problem in Ilocano.
How to say goodbye/bye in Ilocano.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for this info...
    it's a big help..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome :D

    - LearnIlokano.info Team

    ReplyDelete