Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Reflection



I hope all of you had a good holidays!

I sure didn't not enjoy that much.

I didn't feel it. Maybe because I'm used to the celebration I had in the Philippines way way back. 

In the Philippines, there's the caroling, fireworks, and sleepovers. 

During Christmas I didn't see any caroling here in the US. Well, it's been this case since I came here. Caroling in the Philippines is very popular among young and old. In an average night, my group of carolers will get 200 Philippines pesos each and some other things like rice (grain) and tupig (baked dough with coconut inside?). It wasn't much, but we weren't looking for the money. Singing with my friends was enough for me. 

Swoosh! Bang! Boom!

FIREWORKS! 

How I love lighting and watching fireworks. Last Christmas, we were able to do some fireworks. However, this Christmas we were not able to have some fireworks because our county banned it. They argue that it is unsafe and annoying. I say only a few that do fireworks are making it unsafe. I hope they change this law.

Christmas seems like the time for families to connect. My relatives from all over the Philippines and the world come home to celebrate with us. There will be at least 20 people during our celebration, not including our neighbors who helps us prepare food. 

My Christmas was a crap. 

And you can figure out that I miss the Philippines very much.

Looking for the NEW YEAR of 2012.

-author

No comments:

Post a Comment